August 7, 2017 | by  | in V-ISA |

Voice of V-ISA

Cold Feet

If you have survived to July in Wellington, congratulations to you! Good news — the worst is over (fingers crossed) as we have put the shortest day behind us and are now sailing towards longer and warmer spring days.

Keeping well and warm without drowning yourself in vitamins and busting your electricity bill can be quite a struggle we know.

For those of you on a budget we have a few old but gold tips for riding out the rest of the winter:

1. Stay late at university and make the most of the heat and light. Let’s be honest, the free Wi-Fi makes a good bonus too.
  2. Invest in a hot water bottle. We’ve heard you can get them at the Warehouse, Briscoes, or even at New World. It’s cheap, efficient, and, if you put a furry cover on, it even makes a good substitute for cuddling a warm dog.
  3. Stock up on soup sachets and winter vegetables like leek and carrots. Trust us on this one. You’ll be very thankful on wet blustery nights when you just can’t bring yourself to leave the flat.

While it is the coldest and greyest time of the year, don’t forget that winter is also the best time to get out on the mountains and enjoy some snow sports. All the cold is almost worth catching that first glimpse of silver snow or successfully skiing or boarding down a smooth slope. Join us on our upcoming ski trip this mid-trimester break to make the most of winter!