August 7, 2017 | by  | in V-ISA |

Voice of V-ISA

Cold Feet

If you have survived to July in Wellington, congratulations to you! Good news — the worst is over (fingers crossed) as we have put the shortest day behind us and are now sailing towards longer and warmer spring days.

Keeping well and warm without drowning yourself in vitamins and busting your electricity bill can be quite a struggle we know.

For those of you on a budget we have a few old but gold tips for riding out the rest of the winter:

1. Stay late at university and make the most of the heat and light. Let’s be honest, the free Wi-Fi makes a good bonus too.
  2. Invest in a hot water bottle. We’ve heard you can get them at the Warehouse, Briscoes, or even at New World. It’s cheap, efficient, and, if you put a furry cover on, it even makes a good substitute for cuddling a warm dog.
  3. Stock up on soup sachets and winter vegetables like leek and carrots. Trust us on this one. You’ll be very thankful on wet blustery nights when you just can’t bring yourself to leave the flat.

While it is the coldest and greyest time of the year, don’t forget that winter is also the best time to get out on the mountains and enjoy some snow sports. All the cold is almost worth catching that first glimpse of silver snow or successfully skiing or boarding down a smooth slope. Join us on our upcoming ski trip this mid-trimester break to make the most of winter!

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos