September 18, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Tuesday: Dance for Democracy — If you want to have a funky time and boogie down with New Zealand’s favourite young upstart Chlöe Swarbrick, get yourself down to Meow at 8.00pm and give yourself a pat on the back for participating in a fundamentally broken democracy.

Friday: Emily Fairlight, Finn Johansson, and the Bent Folk — Friday’s the night for some pre-election psychedelic folk to soothe your bones, 8.00pm at San Fran.

Saturday: The Shuffle Election Night Party — Screaming into the void may feel a little more cathartic, but on this day you should exercise your voice at the polling booth and help us bring about some much needed change in our stale-ass political status quo. Then you should roll on through to Rogue and Vagabond for live bands and live election results and toast in the new government, from 9.00pm.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future