September 25, 2017 | by  | in The Queer Agenda |

The Queer Agenda

Tēnā koutou katoa!

We’re sure you are all absolutely, one hundred per cent sick of elections, and would be happy to never hear about voting, candidates, or democracy ever again — but it’s UniQ’s own election time! We know that elections can be tiring, and it’s easy to just tune out and disengage, but if you care about queer issues and representation at VUW, we urge you to come along — even if it’s just to eat the pizza. UniQ has done some really important and significant work over the last few years, and we want to make sure that continues, so please come along and get involved!

We are holding our AGM this Thursday (that’s the 28th), at 5.00pm in SU217 (next to the Bubble, under the Hunter Lounge, in the Student Union building). We have several executive positions up for grabs, including, but not limited to: President, Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Officer, as well as a whole bunch of representative positions including Trans, Takatāpui, and Women’s Reps. We’re also voting on some constitutional amendments — and did we mention there’ll be pizza?

We’ll be putting up descriptions of the executive positions on our Facebook page over the week, so check it out and give us a like (if you haven’t already). It’s the easiest way to stay on top of what we’re doing and to find out how you can be a part of the wonderful world of queer representation at Te Whare Wānanga o te Ūpoko o te Ika a Māui.

We also want to get your feedback on how we’re doing — are you happy with the events we’re running? Do you feel like we’re doing a good job representing your interests? Is there something you feel like we’re missing? This is your opportunity to come along and give us your opinion, and to let the incoming executive know what you want for UniQ in 2018 and beyond.

Ngā mihi nui, arohanui, and we’ll see you on Thursday!

1