September 18, 2017 | by  | in V-ISA |

Voice of V-ISA

It’s been three years since the last one, now all too soon it has rolled around again, and, lucky you, you get to be here in the cosy capital to experience it all. Billboards dot the roadside, mostly blue and red, and the orange smiley man haunts your dreams.

I suppose you’re wondering what has this got to do with me at all? I don’t get to vote. I’m just going to do my four (hopefully even three) years here, get my degree, and head back home. Surely I won’t even be around long enough for any policies to take off?

Mostly that’s all true. Nevertheless, it is important to keep informed of the policies and issues. After all they still affect your life, even if it is just for a couple of years.

Some areas which might impact you in particular include tertiary education, rental housing, and immigration. Policies in these areas are likely to have direct impact on your time in New Zealand as an international student, so keep yourself posted.

However, there is an area of politics you can have a say in: our own V-ISA 2017 Elections! Get involved by joining the ranks as an executive (check out our mentoring program on our Facebook page) or be an active member and have your say by voting in the upcoming elections for the executive team you want to represent you in 2018. Either way don’t miss out on having your say and making an impact on life at VUW for international students!

1