October 9, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Give Peace a Dance! with Disasteradio and Alexa Casino — This is a free pop-up gig to support those protesting the Weapons Expo at Westpac Stadium. Weapons are bad and dancing is good, and Alexa will be bringing the introspective R&B jams while Disasteradio balances it out with wobbly ’80s synth bangers. Meet at 4.45PM at the overbridge by 90 Waterloo Quay and get your anti war-profiteering banter ready.

Friday: Die! Die! Die! Charm. Offensive. release tour — If you like your music excessively loud and in-your-face, then this is probs the gig for you. Die! Die! Die! are rollicking punk fun, and topped off with a dash of HEX and a pinch of Mr Amish, you’re in for an evening of heavenly musical delights. 9.00pm at Meow, and don’t forget the earplugs.

Friday and Saturday: DRIPPING — This is going to be fucking incredible. A lovely coming together of a number of cool cats from NZ’s underground music and art scenes, including Xoë Hall, Georgette Brown, Sere, Womb, and Girls Pissing on Girls Pissing; this event will be raising money for Lifeline Aotearoa. On Friday the art show opens at 6.00pm, and the bands go from 7.30pm; on Saturday it goes from midday right into the night. There will also be pies, sweet treats, jewellery, records, and many other wondrous wares to be purchased, and it’s all happening at Newtown Community Centre. You can find all the details on the Facebook event.

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot