October 16, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE — LAST ONE!

Thursday: TV Disko — TV Disko is a groovy lil shit and he is bringing his collection of very ~rare~ and ultra ~special~ vinyl down to Wellington Museum for a nice little boogie. Entry is koha, and it starts at 7.30pm so you can still get to bed and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for your last day of class on Friday.

Friday/Saturday: Symbiotic Death Fest — If you like your music painful and unrelenting then this extreme metal festival might be just the ticket. It’s at Valhalla, and includes Crypt Incursion, Decimated King, and Oblivion Dawn. Get in some punishing heathen black metal to soothe your soul, from 8.00pm with a $10 cover.

Saturday: Big Daddy Wilson and Band — This being listed on the gig guide is more than just my immense respect for anyone with the moxie to call themselves “Big Daddy”; this man is actually an incredible blues musician with the power of healing in his spidery guitar fingers and husky voice. Tickets are $30, but it’s worth breaking the bank for and, what the hell, it’s end of trimester? If you can’t have a minor mental breakdown and splurge on expenses you certainly don’t need at this time (like an elaborate Spice Girls-style fluffy purple cardigan on Etsy that I purchased just last night), then when can you? This particular money-sapping activity will be at Caroline from 9.00pm.

Sunday: The Beths with Beatcomber and Thirtysomethings — THE BETHS ARE MY FAVOURITE DAMN BAND COME TO THIS PLEASE THEIR MUSIC IS SUCH A BOP AND THEY ARE TRUE ANGELS OF PEOPLE. No but for real The Beths are incredible and this is Sunday but it is before Labour Day so you won’t be staying out late on a school night, and you get to hear their new track “Great No One” which hints at bigger releases in the future which is very exciting!! It’s at Meow at 9.00pm, and I will put a very potent hex on every person who reads this but doesn’t come.

I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t joke about that. I won’t hex you. But come.

1. There’s a New Editor
1