October 16, 2017 | by  | in VUWSA |

Presidential Address

Well this is it. The last issue of Salient, and the last week of the academic year.

Seriously, great job for making it to this point. Whether you’re just about to complete your first year, final, or anywhere in between — tino pai.

It’s been a wild ride serving as your President. I could not have dreamt the highs and lows I’ve experienced this year.

What stands out is an overwhelming sense of privilege. To spend a whole year representing an incredible community of students who are, in so many different ways, a powerful force for good in the world.

Every single one of you that I have laughed with, debated with, listened to, and learnt from this year has been like a non-stop source of adrenalin that has carried me since January.

There a way too many people to thank than I could possibly fit into this short article, but here are a few of the key ones:

My executive — Anya, Isabella, Nathaniel, Beth, Lauren, Marlon, Tom, Raven, and Tam, you have honestly been the best VUWSA whānau I could have asked for. Hard working, unwavering in your support, and a joy to work with.

The VUWSA staff — you have been incredible. These guys are the behind the scenes champions who are so patient and dedicated to student voice. Much of the stuff you see us do is down to them.

Our partners at Ngāi Tauira, Kealyn, Maia and co., the other student group executives including PSC, CanDo, VicUFO, V-ISA, UniQ, and many more — the work you all do for your communities is incredible and you should be so proud.

The university — Grant, Pam, Rainsforth, and everyone in your teams who have a true dedication to making this a compassionate and world class university — I really appreciate your commitment to the university’s partnership with VUWSA.

My friends, family, bad memes, and flatmates Madeleine and Jess, thanks for keeping me sane and being there when I’ve needed it the most.

And to every single student at this place, thanks for the opportunity, I’ll miss you all dearly. Good luck with everything.

Ka kite ano!

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube