October 2, 2017 | by  | in V-ISA |

Voice of V-ISA

Cure for the Exam Blues

International students have much to celebrate with only three weeks of school left. Maybe you can’t wait for the holidays to kick in so you can head home immediately and be spoiled by your momma’s home cooking again, but if you’re staying around for summer you are in for a treat!

New Zealand summers are legendary. They are a combination of all the best parts of the year rolled into one long lazy holiday. With Christmas, the New Year, and holidays all at the same time, what could be better?

Christmas in other parts of the world usually conjures mental images of snow falling, hot roast, and cosy ugly sweaters (the homemade kind with bobbles and bells sewed on). Christmas in New Zealand is an entirely different beast. Celebrate the festive season here with barbeques on the beach, in your shorts and sandals. Instead of a heavy Christmas cake, have a light and fluffy pavlova topped with cream and summer fruits of your choice (strawberries are always a winner).

New Year’s Eve is unique. Everyone seems to have a different way of ushering in the new year. Some people kiss. Some people cheer. Some people watch a funny ball drop in Times Square. There’s no one right way to do it. Some Kiwis run screaming and laughing into the icy waves at Oriental Bay at midnight. This year, get some friends together and make your own NYE traditions.

So, whether you’re leaving or staying over the third trimester, there’s plenty to look forward to! It’s just around the bend now. This is the last lap of the race. Just over the hill that is exams. In case you’ve forgotten that life exists outside of books and study, we’re reminding you that good times are ahead! You have got this!

1