December 19, 2017 | by  | in Online Only Splash |

There’s a New Editor

Kia ora koutou, 

Another year, another editor. I’m sure you’ve seen it all before. This time it’s me, Louise, an Asian from Dunedin. I’m swapping out sunny southern winters for earthquakes and constant politics. Wouldn’t you? 

This year’s Salient will see a return to our beloved A4 format, packed to the brim with juicy visuals and witty, thought-provoking content. And the best part about it? It’s gonna have your writing in it! That’s right. Come write for us. The world (or VUW at least) will hear your voice, we’ll (possibly) feed you baked goods, and you’ll get to see your name all shiny in print. How cool is that.  

In all seriousness though, Salient relies on its volunteers to run, so if you feel you’ve got something to contribute (or even if you don’t, and wanna write anyway) we’d love to hear from you. Salient FM will be expanding slightly next year too, so if talking, or music, or talking about music, is your thing, then go on, host a radio show. You know you’ve always wanted to. 

More details will be out in early January regarding paid and volunteer positions. For now, send through your pitches to editor@salient.org.nz and we’ll get back to you when the office opens on the 8th of January. You can also subscribe to our mailing list and keep up to date with the latest going-ons. 

That’s all for now. Stay hydrated. 

–Louise Lin