March 19, 2018 | by  | in *News* News |

External Review of Young Labour Camp Announced

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announces external review after allegations of forced labour at Young Labour Camp.

Sally Michaels, a 19-year-old member of the Labour party, said she was surprised when she saw she’d need to book a ticket to the Siberian wilderness for the camp.

“I was expecting to break up fewer rocks with a pickaxe, I guess,” Michaels said.

Attendees report briefly questioning the matching red striped “uniforms”, before passing it off as a team building initiative.

The external review comes after an internal review, which found the organisers at no fault due to the event clearly being promoted as a Labour Camp.

Complaints were also made about the quality of the food.

“Being from Invercargill, I was expecting a higher standard of gruel; barely any offal,” said Jeff Steward, who told Salient he “really enjoyed” building brick barracks with his bare hands for no apparent reason.

After details emerged about the Party’s literal interpretation of Labour Camp, sources tell Salient that James Keane, prolific Vic Deals poster, bought a ticket to the Young Green Summer Camp after he received no legitimate response to a post declaring a “need to suss”.

“It was a long way to go on the off chance of finding some green, but I had to take the risk. Wellington is dry as fuck.”

Salient cannot corroborate whether or not Keane was successful in his pursuit.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this