March 5, 2018 | by  | in *News* News Splash |

Salient May Split with Pitt Spit as Budget Takes Hit

During a whirlwind visit to Wellington in 2010, Brad Pitt was spotted at Indian restaurant Tulsi in Miramar. The A-List actor, producer, and renowned non-bather ordered a butter chicken, chicken korma, and a garlic naan, a meal that proved simply too big for the Hollywood Adonis and allegedly bad-smelling man.

His garlic naan, sampled but unfinished, was snatched up by an eagle-eyed diner, and the modern-day Shroud of Turin was taken to TradeMe. Salient staffers, at the time unaffected by a burgeoning rent crisis, lavishly pooled their funds and won the naan for $8.50 (shipping unknown). Since then the naan has remained in the frame it arrived it on display in the Salient office, a little known 69th Wonder of the World.

Sadly, Salient must consider the sale of the naan in the face of a harsh 10 grand budget cut from VUWSA. While a local antiques valuer was not available at the time for comment, it can only be assumed the naan’s value has decreased since the Jolie-Pitt split of 2016.

There is however potential for new value. Since its acquisition in 2010, the naan has remained in near-mint (coriander) condition with not a hint of mould, and is being considered for sale to Victoria’s School of Biological Sciences, to research the anti-fungal properties of Pitt’s saliva.

Failing this, Salient is confident black-market sales can raise enough money from someone who wants the naan for their own sinister personal reasons, and who still clings to the idea that Pitt looks like he did in Thelma and Louise (he doesn’t).

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough