March 5, 2018 | by  | in *News* News Splash |

Salient May Split with Pitt Spit as Budget Takes Hit

During a whirlwind visit to Wellington in 2010, Brad Pitt was spotted at Indian restaurant Tulsi in Miramar. The A-List actor, producer, and renowned non-bather ordered a butter chicken, chicken korma, and a garlic naan, a meal that proved simply too big for the Hollywood Adonis and allegedly bad-smelling man.

His garlic naan, sampled but unfinished, was snatched up by an eagle-eyed diner, and the modern-day Shroud of Turin was taken to TradeMe. Salient staffers, at the time unaffected by a burgeoning rent crisis, lavishly pooled their funds and won the naan for $8.50 (shipping unknown). Since then the naan has remained in the frame it arrived it on display in the Salient office, a little known 69th Wonder of the World.

Sadly, Salient must consider the sale of the naan in the face of a harsh 10 grand budget cut from VUWSA. While a local antiques valuer was not available at the time for comment, it can only be assumed the naan’s value has decreased since the Jolie-Pitt split of 2016.

There is however potential for new value. Since its acquisition in 2010, the naan has remained in near-mint (coriander) condition with not a hint of mould, and is being considered for sale to Victoria’s School of Biological Sciences, to research the anti-fungal properties of Pitt’s saliva.

Failing this, Salient is confident black-market sales can raise enough money from someone who wants the naan for their own sinister personal reasons, and who still clings to the idea that Pitt looks like he did in Thelma and Louise (he doesn’t).

1. In NZ.
  2. The Party Line ~ Issue 04
  3. Mental Health Wānanga Celebrates Work, Looks to the Future
  4. Sustainability on Salamanca: VUW working on environmental impact
  5. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  6. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  7. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  8. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  9. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  10. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands

In NZ.

: When my mother gave me my name, it was a name she couldn’t pronounce. The harsh accents of the Arabic language eluded the Pākehā tongue. Growing up, I always felt more comfortable introducing myself as she knew me—Mah-dee or Ma-ha-dee—just about anything that made me feel