March 19, 2018 | by  | in Opinion UniQ |

UniQ: Sounds Gay!

UniQ Victoria is proud to announce a new project for 2018: our weekly radio slot, titled Sounds Gay!

Apollo, Miia, Willow, and Johnny are teaming up to bring you two hours of quality queer content every Wednesday 4-6pm.

Tune in to Salient.FM (88.3FM or salient.org.nz/fm) to hear us crank some queer music, yarn a lot, update you on news from our community, and generally overshare.

We had our introductory broadcast last Wednesday (feat. police at pride, nervous laughter, a heavy rural accent, dutch folk metal, and eating chips with the microphone on).

This Wednesday you’ll be blessed with Miia and Apollo recapping our Friday discussion space, probably a lot of Anaïs Mitchell, and one of our Co-Presidents as a special guest.

Next week, Johnny and Willow will be taking over with yet to be announced (or decided) content. It will probably involve a lot of music.

Sounds Gay! will be a mixed bag of light hearted discussion, topical issues, a bit of cheeky discourse, and music, all bound together with the common goal of making the world a little gayer.

Feel free to write in with song requests, questions, comments, guest recommendations, and general advice to make the show as queer as possible.

UniQ is about our community, so we’d love to hear from you.

Keep an eye out for details on our social media, or email us on UniQVictoria@gmail.com to get amongst.

Love you all whānau, kia kaha x

Yours queerly,

Johnny O’Hagan Brebner

Acting UniQ Comms Officer

Facebook: UniQ Victoria

Insta: @uniqvictoria

Twitter: @UniQVictoria

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties