April 16, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

A Useful Post Shocks Class Facebook Group Users

A class Facebook group was used productively in what has been described as a “shock move” by members.

Research conducted by Salient shows that 15% of posts in class Facebook groups could be answered by Google, 59% could be answered by looking at Blackboard, and 25.99 % are otherwise irrelevant to the course.

ENGL 115: Literature and Power has a Facebook group creatively titled ENGL 115 PEEPSSSSsss!!!. In an unprecedented move on 10 April 2018, the group was graced by a useful post.

ENGL 115 PEEPSSSSsss!!!’s dire trajectory changed when the most recent post was not Charina Smith’s “MLA is what i need but i haven’t started the essay, what do i do??”, but Hamin Park’s “Hey guys, I found these useful websites about how to analyse power differentials in literature, if you need a jumping off point for the assignment ‍♀️”.

Ralph Ryan, who lectures for ENGL 115, said “I don’t want to know [about the class Facebook group]. I’m just told to tell the class reps that it’s one of their responsibilities”.

“I was definitely surprised,” said Zakan Boyd, one of the class reps for ENGL 115. “[The post] has cleared my acne, restored my grades, and has brought some semblance of meaning to the class rep position”.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news.*

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot