Eye On Exec

I rushed in late. “We’re just talking about hall visits” said Marlon, our President. Last week the Exec visited the halls to talk about how to engage with staff and RAs.

A student had approached Marlon about starting an Arts (humanities) Society.

The Exec filmed a video for the Don’t Guess the Yes campaign.

Marlon MC’d at the living wage new wage rate announcement event. He likes those events because there’s positive vibes and free food. The new living wage rate is $20.55.

Marlon got his learner license. The Exec applauded. Jack moved a motion to congratulate Marlon. Marlon acted embarrassed.Website-Cover-Photo7

Matt, our CEO, organized for Eventbrite to do ticketing for VUWSA events, which will come at a small cost.

Matt met with the Electoral Commission to say they should advertise with us, especially for engaging with the Māori electorate.

Matt reported that VUWSA is looking for a new Advertising Manager.

There was a report on the Sexual Violence Law Prevention Campaign (SVLP). Beth, Welfare Vice President, noted that they need a snappier name.

They met with the Law Society, who “gave us answers in response to our questions”.

The Law Society have created a new 0800 number and an online platform to deal with complaints. They have formed a new working group to look at how to deal with sexual assault and bullying in law firms, hosted a webinar, and are planning to tour law schools and talk in Ethics classes. Their gender equality charter is to be released soon.

Connor, Clubs and Activities Officer, said that Vic Sports had approached him about holding a sports ball (the dancing kind). Jack, our Treasurer, said he thinks it’s “cool”.

Connor passed a motion to thank Lars Thompson, as it was his last day as Rostra Editor.

Since it was his last day, Lars had the honour of drawing out the Chat in the Hat. The topic under discussion was “can we have some more teaspoons”. The majority of the Exec said yes, except for Connor and Lars who asked for sporks. Tam asked for mugs, and Beth asked for regular spoons, in addition to teaspoons.