Krishna Price Hike

Students at Victoria are reeling after The Lab’s noodles increased in price on 1 April from $6 to $7, due to supplier costs and rental fee rises.

Krishna Food has also announced price hikes, with their infamous $5 meals increasing to $6 a plate from 5 April. According to the manager, this is due to an increase in expenses.

Cheap feeds for poor students have been a strong advertising point for food on campus, and Krishna meals have been $5 for over 10 years.

Third year students that spoke to Salient have reacted to the increased cost with heavy hearts. One student woefully said “it’s certainly a bitter pill to swallow as I’ll have to subtract the extra dollar from my weekly alcohol budget. . . I’ll have to downgrade from Export Golds to Lion Reds”.

There is still strong support for the Krishna plates however, with others declaring that Krishna is still “such a steal” for “such fantastic food”.

You are still able to get $5 Krishna plates if you use Krishna money: $20 for four tokens, or $50 for 10.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this