PSC: One Ocean

Turou, turou!

We are Victoria University’s Cook Island Students Association, more commonly known as VUWCIA. We understand that coming to University can be a bit of a culture shock and an overwhelming experience for some. If you’re feeling a bit lost in this new, unfamiliar chapter of your life, we would be honoured to fill in the role of being your anau away from home.

We at VUWCIA strive to provide support for our Pasifika tauira in any way possible to ensure that they succeed in their endeavors. We encourage you to strive for your goals, however big or small, and make the most of the opportunities given to you during your time at University. We would love to put the opportunity out there to all of our Pasifika tauira, new or old, to come along and join our VUWCIA anau.

This year, our main event will be Ta’okota’i’nga, which is an 4 day long event that will be held in Auckland, during which we meet up with other Universities Cook Island student’s associations. To join VUWCIA you do not have to be of Cook Island descent, so if this sounds like something you think you’d be interested in doing, get in touch with us. To keep up to date with our upcoming events and meetings, join the group Victoria University Cook Islands Association on Facebook.

Meitaki poria,

Georgia Gifford

Vice President, Victoria University Cook Island Students Association 2018

10. International Queer in Review