April 16, 2018 | by  | in Politics |

The Party Line

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern recently said in an interview with The Guardian that she expects New Zealand will become a republic in her lifetime. Is this something your Party would prioritize in coming years? Why/why not?

Young Greens

I think there’s a need for nationwide discussion around who we are as a nation, and what that means. I would support a process that looks at making Aotearoa a Republic, and creating a constitution that puts Te Tiriti O Waitangi at the heart. Whether or not our country is ready for that discussion is another question — but at the moment it’s not a priority for our Party.

-Max Tweedie

ACT on Campus

ACT on campus does not see any immediate need for a change to the current system. We recognise New Zealand as an independent country and having a figure head does not take away from our ability to govern independently. It would be a significant cost to leave the monarchy and we believe there are more important issues to focus on such as ensuring people’s individual liberties are not compromised, the housing crisis, and superannuation among other issues affecting our generation.

– James Allan

Nats

No. The Young Nats believe there are bigger issues on the table to address.

– Grahame Woods

VicLabour

Jacinda Ardern has stated that this will not be a priority of the current government. We are prioritizing health and education which have been severely neglected for nine years.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn