April 30, 2018 | by  | in Politics |

The Party Line

Who is one of your party’s young up-and-comers to keep an eye on? Why?

VicNats

The National Party is extremely lucky to not only have one, but a caucus full of young up-and-comers. This can be seen with our most recent addition to the National Party’s caucus, Nicola Willis. Her and the rest of the class of 2017 are already hard at work representing their communities and alongside new leader Simon Bridges are holding the Ardern-Peters Government to account. The Young Nats look forward to seeing the work our MPs will do and watching them enter Government in 2020.

– Grahame Woods

ACT on Campus

Despite currently being a party with just Davo in parliament, Act is a party that is awash with up and coming talent. Testament to this is the fact we have established Act on campus groups with good membership numbers at Otago, Auckland and Vic. One individual to keep an eye on is Brooke Van Velden. Brooke is 24 and she graduated from Auckland with a commerce and arts degree. She shortly after graduating landed a job with political commentator Matthew Hooton, established herself within Act and stood as third on our party list. Unfortunately our election performance didn’t allow for Brooke to become an Member of Parliament but she has moved to Wellington and is working with David. She’s one to watch for future and believes strongly in Act’s core values of social and economic freedom. She would make a fantastic MP and representative for young women and young people in general looking to enter politics.