April 16, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

The Social Network 2: Congressional Boogaloo

A sequel to the 2010 blockbuster The Social Network appears to be in the works, as footage from the project depicting Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg facing his first Congressional hearing was leaked this week.

The scene indicates the upcoming film will reference 2018 events where the social media platform was found complicit in allowing personal data of almost 100 million users to be sold. The accounts were targeted to aid the election of Donald Trump in 2016. Inside sources reveal directors are reluctant to include a opening title card revealing the film is based on a true story, “as the timeline we live in today is just fucking unbelievable”.

The apparent decision to utilise the talents of the real Mark Zuckerberg has drawn criticism. Twitter user @elonmusk has warned that casting the controversial figure has a unique set of dangers. “Our understanding of [Artificial Intelligence] is limited,” he tweeted, adding, “Replacing Eisenberg with a cyborg distracts from the film’s efforts to shed light on FBs wrongdoings. #deletefacebook”.

Other comments on the video read, “his attempts to portray real human emotion is just… wrong,” and “it’s amazing how far technology has advanced, but I think we’re still a long way away from this being anywhere near believable”.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news.*