May 7, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Eating An Entire Wheel of Brie Now Self-Care

Following an announcement from The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand, new potential methods of coping with mental illness have been revealed.
At the top of the list is “eating an entire wheel of brie,” closely followed by “putting on a cheap facemask and smoking ten cigarettes”. Also mentioned in the list is “drinking an entire bottle of wine at 11am” and “crying into the pages of your 2007 journal”.
The new coping mechanisms have been publicized following months of intensive research, interviewing hundreds of New Zealanders suffering from depression and anxiety. Alternative coping mechanisms are one of the most popular ways for young people to self soothe in the midst of their struggles with mental
health, and the list reflects the changing attitudes held by young people towards their struggles.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,