Post-Cab Round-Up

Postcab to Have Sign Language Translator
Last Monday 7 May was the start of NZ Sign Language Week. To mark the occasion, the PM had a sign language interpreter present, which she announced will be a feature of all Post Cabinet Press Conferences going forward.
Open Government Week

The PM announced that it was also Open Government Week, and introduced Minister Carmel Sepuloni, who said that the Government is seeking New Zealand’s opinion on how to better protect and utilise personal information. “It’s important the public trusts how the government uses data, and this Government is very aware that agencies need to work hard to rebuild public trust and confidence in data use,” said Sepuloni.

Asylum Seekers
The PM was asked a number of questions regarding asylum seekers arriving via people-smuggling boats. “Taking a preventive approach to stop it ever leaving a port is the optimal approach, regardless of that vessel,” said Ardern. She said she did not endorse that New Zealand being used “as a destination for people smugglers,” and said that New Zealand would abide by international laws should any people-smuggling boats enter NZ waters.

Hillary Clinton Visit

The PM also said Hillary Clinton got a her Buzzy Bee as a gift after their meeting last Monday morning. I’m fairly opinionated about Hillary Clinton so I won’t comment further.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this