May 7, 2018 | by  | in News Splash |

Restructuring of Bachelor of Arts at Auckland University

Following on from the proposed closure of various specialty libraries at the University of Auckland, more changes are being put in place for students studying a Bachelor of Arts in 2018. All students who choose to pursue a Bachelor of Arts from 2018 at University of Auckland must now undertake a double major,
while still studying a third subject, although this third subject will not be counted in their degree.

Previously, students could choose to complete a BA with either a major and a minor, or with a double major. The University of Auckland has said that the aim of the new BA structure was to “give students a degree with greater academic depth and focus, and to enhance preparation for employment or postgraduate study”. A student at the University of Auckland has criticized the change for not being widely publicized. While the new degree structure is visible on the University of Auckland website, the student said that “I wouldn’t say the knowledge is widespread”.

The new degree structure does not immediately affect students who have already begun their studies, as it applies to students starting a BA in 2018. Students who had chosen to take a double major in the hopes of having an advantage over others will no longer have that potential advantage. BA students were consulted about the decision, with more than 300 current students completing an online survey about the degree structure.

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube