May 14, 2018 | by  | in Opinion UniQ |

UniQ: The Queer Agenda

UniQ Victoria is excited to officially announce VUW Pride Week 2018. The celebration of queer identity will be held in the second week of Trimester Two, with variety of events on all week.

The week runs from Monday 23 July to Saturday 28 July, with something on every day, on campus and around the city.

Events are still TBA, but not for long. Keep an eye out for posters, our social media, and other issues of Salient for updates and information.

The week will be hard to miss, with events designed to entertain, socialise, inform, and celebrate queer identities at VUW and around Wellington.

Our Salient Radio show, Sounds Gay!, will also feature special editions throughout the week. Check out our new social media for the show on Facebook  (Sounds Gay FM) and Insta (@soundsgayfm).

We can’t wait to share the week with all of you. UniQ will also be curating Pride Week’s themed Salient, “Queerlient”. We want to get a good quantity of quality queer content in, so let us know if you’re keen to contribute.

Submissions are open for queer themed features, opinion pieces, reviews, poetry, art, and other content. But let us know as soon as possible, space is limited and we’ve already had some great submissions.

If you’d like to contribute, email uniqvictoria@gmail.com, message us on Facebook, or slide into our DMs on Insta or Twitter (@uniqvictoria).

Pride is about community and identity. Help us celebrate it by getting stuck in; come to events, submit to Queerlient, and tell your loved ones.

We hope to see and hear our marvellous queer whānau making themselves known this Pride Week 2018.
Week 2 Tri 2, put it on your wall planner.
Yours queerly,
Johnny O’Hagan Brebner
UniQ Communications Officer

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties