May 7, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

VUW Procrastination Study Off to a Slow Start

After a period of inactivity, the Victoria University School of Psychology has advertised for research participants for its study “Procrastination – a state of being or a mind-game?”
Salient first noted this study in October 2012 when the school announced their intention to observe student procrastination behaviours over a long period of time. To best understand the project, those conducting it agreed to observe their own procrastination habits as well. At the time, Salient reporters agreed that this could be a highly informative and useful study. However six years later, little has been achieved.
“It has come to our attention that, while we’re aware that procrastination is in a way part of our work, it’s too easy to get nothing done.”
Salient reporters asked if the fact that nothing has been achieved could be considered a result in itself, and if the non-outcome could be considered itself an outcome. Those reached for comment, however, are determined to properly complete the study. Anyone around Wellington in the next few months/decades who would be interested in taking part can contact the Victoria School of Psychology for further information.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news.*

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos