June 5, 2018 | by  | in Presidential Address |

Presidential Address

Last week I forgot to do a column because I was so busy getting the best deal for students. This week is the opinion issue. I have lots of opinions on lots of things. Now that really comes in handy for small talk at cocktail functions, but also means there are occasions where I talk a lot of shit. Opinions are great to have, as long as you remember that, for the most part, a lot of yours are probably incorrect. That’s not to say you’re completely wrong, just that there is a 100% chance that you are at least 5% wrong. This isn’t a bad thing at all, in fact it’s a really important thing to remember. Compromise is not a dirty word, and the way we mature and improve our shitty opinions is by constantly remembering that we are wrong about something. Sometimes we’re only a little wrong on something, and our opinion largely stays the same. Sometimes we’re massively wrong, and our whole  opinion was fucking stupid. Sometimes we’re only a little wrong, but our whole opinion can change based off of that. The fact is, we can never be completely right, only minimize how wrong, and the only way to do that is to admit when, where, why, and how we are.
Jack has provided some of his awful opinions, here are some of mine.
Peanut butter and pickles sound great.
LL Cool J is probably the greatest rapper of all time. (Sub-Editor PSA: The “LL” in LL Cool J stands for “Ladies Love”.)
Pineapple on pizza is a necessity.
Jack Donovan is two first names.
My favourite exec member is Joseph our Association Secretary.
On a side note, it was my birthday last week. I’m 21 now, and a real adult. As a special birthday present to me, you can help me on my quest to become Instagram famous, by following me @marlondrake.

1. Newsthub: No need to kill cats Mittens, owners should be responsible – Wellington Mayor Justin Lester
  2. Where Does Your Student Services Levy Go?
  4. Simran Rughani Resigns from VUWSA
  5. Score Steamed Hams with Seymour for Society Soirée
  6. VUWSA Launches Student Mental Health Campaign
  7. Tragicomic Webseries
  8. Issue 18, Vol 81: Under the Surface