June 5, 2018 | by  | in News Opinion |

Trump’s America: Former Reality TV Star Donald Trump Isn’t A Very Good President

Evidence continues to mount concerning the President’s complicity in allowing Russian interference in the 2016 election, not just in regards to the Russian propagandists that promoted Trump to victory, but also in the several attempts made by Donald Trump to end this investigation prematurely. I believe we’re at the point where we can stop questioning whether Donald Trump has committed a crime. Obstruction of justice is a crime. The real question that we’re creeping towards uncovering is — what exactly is he trying to hide?
When Donald Trump fired James Comey as Director of the FBI last May, the official line from the White House quoted the handling of the investigation into Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton as the reason. 11 days before the 2016 election, Comey revealed the FBI would be continuing to review Clinton’s handling of her private email server as Secretary of State. Despite a following report nine days later that nothing incriminating was found, the damage was done, and public trust in Clinton was greatly undermined.

It has been asserted by the press that the President’s desire to remove Comey was far more likely due to the investigation into ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, and the subsequent interference in the election. On 31 May, this was revealed to be the case.
Former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe turned over a memo to investigators in May of last year that reveals Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein advised McCabe that Trump wanted to cite the Russian investigation when announcing Comey’s dismissal. Rosenstein’s admission confirms that the “great pressure” the investigation was putting on him was the chief concern of Donald Trump. A focal point in determining Trump’s complicity in the defrauding of American democracy; Comey’s dismissal was the primary evidence of obstruction of justice, prompting Rosenstein to appoint Robert Mueller to lead a special counsel to continue the probe.

Robert Mueller has so far initiated criminal proceedings against 19 people. The indictments include former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, policy advisor George Papadopoulos, former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, as well as 13 Russian nationals. Charges across the board include several counts of money laundering, fraud, and conspiracy against the United States. Trump may repeatedly refer to the investigation as a “witch-hunt”, but more arrests have been made by Mueller already than nearly any other special counsel in US history. Four of the five Americans arrested have plead guilty. Several more arrests are expected to come, with many close associates to Trump remaining under close investigation — including both his eldest son, and long-time personal lawyer Michael Cohen.
If you want a Commander in Chief whose optics and ego take precedence over his passion for national security, then look no further than the man that bragged he had the tallest building in the Manhattan skyline after the 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. If not treasonous, Donald Trump is un-American: he spent Memorial Day advertising 25% off his own Make America Great Again branded merchandise, and has repeatedly flaunted the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution by accepting patronage and loans into his personal business from foreign governments. It is far more likely that personal enrichment is the driving force behind Trump’s actions, as opposed to some totalitarian fantasy to rule a fascist government. As far as criminal enterprises go, this one doesn’t seem that coordinated.
While the drawn-out investigative proceedings continue, so does Trump’s time in office. The House and Senate may have grounds to impeach, yet not even a constitutional crisis can prompt them to act. Call me an optimist, but a part of me believes that Donald Trump will not finish his term. Call me a doomsdayer, but a part of me thinks he will.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn