July 16, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Scarlett Johansson’s Not-So-Honourable Legacy

Avalon Studios in Auckland is producing a live-action adaptation of Mulan. Scarlett Johansson’s request to play “every single goddam character” in the one hour forty-minute musical has yet to be confirmed by Avalon Studios.

The studio has confirmed that Johannsson will play the lead role of strong-as-a-great-typhoon, mysterious-as-the-dark-side-of-the-moon Mulan.

Johannsson expressed hesitations about accepting this role. “Sometimes I feel like directors use me to fill a sexy-girl quota,” Johannsson admitted with raspy disdain.
One Chinese actress agrees that Johannsson is filling the sexy girl quota but feels there are other quotas to be considered.
“Sure, sure, she’s hot. Her croaky voice is hot. But how many more times can they expect us to stand by and watch white counterparts snatch away minority roles?”
“It’s Ghost in the Shell all over again. Before we know it she’ll be playing the role of a trans man. Where’s the line?”

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. Newsthub: No need to kill cats Mittens, owners should be responsible – Wellington Mayor Justin Lester
  2. Where Does Your Student Services Levy Go?
  4. Simran Rughani Resigns from VUWSA
  5. Score Steamed Hams with Seymour for Society Soirée
  6. VUWSA Launches Student Mental Health Campaign
  7. Tragicomic Webseries
  8. Issue 18, Vol 81: Under the Surface