Students Say “Krish-Na”

The management of Krishnafood has submitted an application to replace Ilott Café (also known as Revive Café), which officially closed down on 5 July 2018. They are waiting to hear back from the University, and expect to get a response in the next few weeks.
Not all students are keen. Scotty T, a second year Bachelor of Criminology, Biology, and Pacific Studies, said. “I prefer Revive to Krishnafood because I feel like Krishna only caters to vegans. What if I feel like a burger? Are they gonna give me a meat burger?”
Grace, a student, said she’s “really disappointed” that Illot was closing. “Krishna – who wants to eat that crap?”

Ilott has been a consistent student favourite due to its low prices and high salt content. A “Save Revive” Facebook page was set up urging students to email the Vice-Chancellor Grant Guilford, and to share their favourite memories of Ilott. The petition on change.org attempting to save the café gained almost 2000 signatures. Despite several attempts by the student body to prevent its closure, Ilott has now been shut down for over two weeks.

The University stated that Ilott had been “operating for years on a month-by-month lease contract”. The statement continued that the lease was “terminated by mutual agreement”, and that the replacement store would be announced soon.
Allegedly, one of the infamous twins of Cafe Ilott was noticed working for Uber Eats. He was seen picking up order at Five Boroughs in a purple car last Wednesday night.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this