The Party Line

Do you think that the Zero Carbon Bill will be effective in targeting our emission goals?

VicNats

The Young Nats have supported the Zero Carbon Act since 2017. While the Zero Carbon Act will not be the perfect solution to climate change, it makes significant progress that can be built upon by all political parties to meet New Zealand’s emission targets.
– Grahame Woods

Greens On Campus

The Zero Carbon Bill must transcend partisan politics. Our current Parliament and its MPs will not be around in 2050, and political point scoring has no place in the process for this bill. Climate change is a matter of undoing the consequences of overproduction, and therefore we need to move from the mindset of “sustainable growth” to environmental stability. An approach to climate change action that is based around the economy – not vice versa – is a band aid approach we should avoid. We hope that the amount of public support and submissions will have a strong effect on the bill drafting process and will convince Parliament to enact legislation to prevent global warming to 1.5°C, rather than pandering to the interests of businesses and individuals.

VicLabour

Yes. – Teri O’Neill

10. International Queer in Review