July 30, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Vic Books Discount

Local students and semi-educated adults were shocked to learn that Victoria University offers alumni a 10% discount on all books in the VicBooks catalogue if they show a “recent monthly alumni e-newsletter” before purchasing at the counter. Some students were even more surprised to know VicBooks cared about their horrid financial situation. “Ain’t that the same coffee place that charge me fifty cents for a cup? That’s wild,” said Callum Turnbull. VicBooks have been offering this discount for a long time, but apparently not long enough for 46-year old PhD student who was enjoying his eighth straight year on campus until the news was broken to him. “Do you know how much money I’ve spent on textbooks that I read four pages of? Do you know how many monthly alumni e-newsletters I’ve put in the junk folder?”
Views and subscriptions to this sacred e-newsletter have increased steadily, causing their printouts to be seen as a secondary form of currency around Kelburn and Pipitea campus for students. 10% off a $130 textbook is a Domino’s pizza and a slab of VBs; a well-balanced diet for any first-year accounting student.
Many printers on campus have jammed and “given up” following many attempts to print off the newsletters. Campus Care have fixed a record number of printers this week and were reportedly proud that students were finally buying books for the first time in three years.
***disclaimer*** this shit is real. Hit up Vic Books and get what you’re owed.

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos