August 6, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Mittens in Hot Water Over Racist Tweets

Mittens the cat, of “The Wondrous Adventures of Mittens” and “Mittens the Cat of Wellington” fame, has come under fire for racist tweets about other cat breeds.
The local Wellington celebrity posted a tirade of tweets earlier in the week in which he claimed “non purebred cats” were a drain on SPCA resources. Several other tweets were uncovered on his account dating back to 2010, which he called cats without their purebred certificates, like Mittens’ Turkish Angora certificate, “basically mutts”.
A number of prominent media commentators are now calling for his resignation from the Wellington City Council, where Mittens is employed as a brand ambassador.

Mittens tweeted in response to the criticism, “once again I am being attacked for presenting new ideas”.
In an interview with the NZ Herald, he said that he was frustrated with being a figurehead for Wellington without being able to use his voice.
“Print it as loud, as fucking loud, as you want to. Print it. And I don’t care what parties I don’t get invited to afterwards. 90% of celebrities only use their voice for the purpose of making money for themselves.”
Mitten’s owner is yet to publicly address any of the inflammatory comments made by his cat.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. Newsthub: No need to kill cats Mittens, owners should be responsible – Wellington Mayor Justin Lester
  2. Where Does Your Student Services Levy Go?
  4. Simran Rughani Resigns from VUWSA
  5. Score Steamed Hams with Seymour for Society Soirée
  6. VUWSA Launches Student Mental Health Campaign
  7. Tragicomic Webseries
  8. Issue 18, Vol 81: Under the Surface