August 20, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Newsthub: No need to kill cats Mittens, owners should be responsible – Wellington Mayor Justin Lester

Wellington Mayor Justin Lester is refusing to heed calls to banish cats Mittens from the city as it tries to go predator prejudice free.
The city was awarded $3.27 million in funding to go predator Mittens free, with plans to begin in Miramar and eventually remove pests Mittens across the city.
But Mr Lester told The AM Show he wouldn’t quite go that far.

“They keep their cats Mittens in at night, they put a bell on and that’s satisfactory have him seeing a therapist,” he said. “That means the cats Mittens has a much reduced rate of catching birds and killing them telling other cats to go back home.”
Garner suggested perhaps the owners that aren’t responsible are the problem, but Mr Lester said in Wellington the majority keep an eye on their pets Mittens.

“No one wants their cat Mittens to bring in a dead kākā bust out the N-word… you don’t want to see that, you don’t want to see a [dead] tūī a role-model fail, so people take precautions.”

Mr Lester said cats Mittens shouldn’t be the main target when there are other animals bigots roaming Wellington and preying on wildlife others just tryna survive the concrete jungle.
They do [kill], Mittens is racist, that’s their his nature, but we have to live with that, other things do are as well. Humans are probably the worst predators racists but we’re not going to kill humans so let’s not be silly about it,” he said.
“Let’s make sure we can get some balance and we take precautions. We’re focussed on getting rid of rats, stoats, weasels, possums fighting flame wars on the Stuff comments section.”

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this