Physio to Move Off Campus

More space for mental health services means that physiotherapy services will no longer be available at Kelburn campus. Citing demands for more student health and counselling services, Student Health Mauri Ora will requisition space currently used by Willis Street Physio at the end of the academic year.
Approximately a hundred students use the service per week during any given trimester. However, services are still available for the same rates at Willis Street Physio’s main clinic. For an ACC appointment, student rates are $32 for an initial consultation and $22 for subsequent appointments. Both Willis Street Physio and the University have confirmed that they are investigating alternative premises on campus.
VUWSA president Marlon Drake has said “the changes should have a positive impact”, as it will allow for more space for wellbeing initiatives, and for health staff to look after students.
The director of Willis Street Physio acknowledged the mental health crisis, but was confident to maintain relationships with the University and absorb its client base from Kelburn into its main facilities.
Willis Street Physio has rented space from Student Health since 2013, when the University of Otago stopped providing a physiotherapy student-run clinic on campus.
A survey of all physiotherapy practices with pricing online showed that the University-backed business was cheaper than most of its competitors, but not substantially so.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties