September 24, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

A University or DHB? An Investigation

Vice Chancellor and our favourite veterinarian Grant Guilford is rumoured to have said “are we a DHB or are we a university?” during a staff forum recently at the university. His statement was in response to the growing outrage and protests over student health at Vic.
In response to his comments, we at the Salient news office have decided to take Guilford’s comments as seriously as he meant them and have decided to help our Supreme Vice Chancellor in supporting his comments. Below are the wide differences between a DHB and Victoria:
DHB – Constant maintenance problems and mouldy rooms
University – World class quality maintenance and no mould in Student Union Building
DHB – Increased funding from government and little to no changes in the last three years
University – Fees have risen consistently over the last three years and the university has changed so much that a name change is actually widely appreciated
DHB – Long wait times in heavily populated areas
University – Short wait times at student health and optimal pricing for students
Guilford’s main point is that the university is here to inspire students to research and teach, and we take everything he says very seriously.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future