September 24, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Boomerang Cups: The Mug That Got Away

Boomerang cups, a coffee mug returned to the store after use, is the latest waste reduction initiative from Vic Books. The campaign started in early August. A time when life was simple. Not long after they featured on News1’s Breakfast show, customers from all over were asking for boomerang cups, coming from as far as Strathmore to get their hands on the trendy green-washed vessels.
“From what I understand, they’re free and you bring them back when you want them washed,” said one mom who just finished a tour of Parliament.
Baristas told Salient that the boomerang mug social justice craze had gone too far, as customers were keeping their mugs to brag about their environmental practices.
“It’s like Kony 2012 all over again. When we ran out of boomerang mugs, they started taking our have-here mugs. Then our water glasses, our forks, even our aprons.”
A 10 percent Vic Books discount will be rewarded to anyone with any information regarding the stolen booty.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this