September 17, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

The Lifts Are Always One Step Ahead

This week, the elevators on Kelburn Campus are back in operation and allowing students to travel between the 3rd and 7th floor without the need for stairs. Students and staff are flabbergasted that the second coming of Jesus Christ has not come prior to the elevator repair.
“Honestly, I’m shocked. This whole time I thought the 7th floor was a myth developed by postgrad students to fool undergrads. I actually went there today. Scenes.” said one Te Puni Village resident. The elevators have been out of order since the 2016 Kaikoura earthquake, and have forced students to perform the ungodly task of climbing stairs to find their academic articles.
It’s not all laughs & lifts around campus though. A documentary concerning the broken elevators has halted production in the Salient TV office. They are “devastated”, as months of footage are now completely irrelevant. We can only imagine they will be hoping for the repairs to be temporary.
Callum Turnbull is of the group of students who is so shocked, they’re actually disappointed. “This is a major change in my university life, and they didn’t even consult me about it. No email, no nothing. Is there where my fees are going?” Turnbull has reportedly scheduled a boycott of the elevators for the rest of the year.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this