October 15, 2018 | by  | in Access Denied |

Access Denied

We’re finally at the end of Trimester 2. Summer is almost here, but instead of frolicking in the sun we’ve all (hopefully) got our heads down studying for exams. CanDo is also busy with upcoming events as the trimester comes to a close.
This year, our AGM is from 1:30-2:30pm on the 18 October, in SU217! We will have drinks and Hell Pizza as we finish up the year. Due to our small exec size, we’re looking for people to fill the roles of secretary, treasurer, and more general exec to help out with events. If you’re interested in disability issues and representation, feel free to come along!
We also have our ever-popular Lego in the Hub happening during Stress Free Study Week! This year will also have some lovely colouring pages to peruse and decorate if Lego isn’t your thing. I’ve always had a lot of fun with the Lego days, as it’s a great way to destress and flex your creative mind, and build something strange and wonderful. This is also on a Thursday, 1-3pm on the 25th, in the Hub Foyer, Level 2.
I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to ready the CanDo column this year. Hopefully it has given you some new perspectives on disability, and maybe a laugh or two. In the wake of Mental Health Awareness Week, it’s good to look back on our successes and learn from our mistakes as we move forward into summer.
Thanks for reading!

1. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube
  9. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  10. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy