October 8, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Bird of the Year 2018: What’s the Pecking Order?

New Zealand’s most anticipated election/reality show/meme war is back for another year, and it’s up to voters to decide who’s at the top of the pecking order. It’s the moa the merrier in 2018, with 61 birds to choose from.
Kererū appears to be at beak performance, leading the flock with over 2000 Facebook followers. Meanwhile, Albatross has been taking cheep shots at Kea. Pūkeko is calling fowl play. Kingfisher fancies himself next in line to the throne, but national icon Kiwi is convinced she rules the roost. Blue Duck refuses to fall between the quacks, still insisting he fits the bill.
Ruru is going owl out on her election campaign, and 2010 winner Kākāriki is green with envy. In a shocking tern of events, Takahē has taken to Twitter to let the world know that Kākāpō is a bad egg.
In owl seriousness, voting for Bird of the Year closes at 5pm on Sunday 14th October. The early bird catches the worm — vote today!

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this