October 8, 2018 | by  | in UniQ |

UniQ: The Queer Agenda

Friday evening on the 28th of September, UniQ hosted the inaugural Queer Ball at the Hunter Lounge. It was a relatively small turnout, but it was awesome to see everyone meeting and hanging out with new people and making some new friends, which we love to see at any event we hold.
We opted to not have a theme, seeing as it was our first ever ball, but not having a theme also meant that everyone who came was free to dress in the way that felt most comfortable to them. On a personal note, this was the first formal event where I could wear what I wanted and knew I’d feel most comfortable in (a suit), and while it might seem like a minor thing, it was a pretty big deal for me.
A big thank you to the Hunter Lounge for having us. A big thank you also goes to all of the people who came to the ball, it was really fantastic to see you all there, and we hope you had a good time. Particular thanks must go to Ace (co-Pres) and Miia (acting treasurer/secretary) for spearheading the organisation of the ball, it’s been years in the making and it was great to get it off the ground.
UniQ only has one more big event this year, which is our AGM. The exec will go over what UniQ has done this year, and we’ll be holding elections for the 2019 executive, so if you’re keen to be a part of the UniQ exec next year, come along and put your hand up — whether you want to run for Secretary or you want to run for General Exec. We’d love to see you there (*cough* there will be pizza *cough*).
Hope you’re all doing well, this time of year can be super stressful, so remember to take of your lovely selves <3

1. Cuttin’ it with with Miss June