Work Report System is Pretty Screwed

After months of hounding by Salient, and despite VUWSA Treasurer-Secretary Jack Donovan’s many promises, the VUWSA work reports are still not available on the VUWSA website. As a result, students have no way of holding their student union executive accountable.
The work reports are a written record of the hours and the work that the VUWSA executive have done. They are supposed to be written biweekly and uploaded to the VUWSA website so that any interested party can see what the exec have been doing.
Salient is very disappointed, as we had been planning on reading the work reports to publicly make fun of the spelling errors in them.
Donovan has said the reason why the work reports haven’t been uploaded is because there is “no deadline”, and he’s working on reforming the system.
“I’m still seeing all the work reports, so I know people are doing a good job and people are keeping up with their hours and stuff, but it’s showing it off to the world [that’s important],” Donovan said.
Donovan says that change is on the way for the work report system.
Under his new scheme which has yet to be passed by the exec, “the idea is that the deadline would the be seventh of the next month, so that the January reports have to be uploaded by February.” A monthly (rather than biweekly) deadline with “a bit more description” will be more “interesting” said Donovan.

The work reports could not be passed at VUWSA’s AGM last month because they hadn’t been made publicly available.

1. In NZ.
  2. The Party Line ~ Issue 04
  3. Mental Health Wānanga Celebrates Work, Looks to the Future
  4. Sustainability on Salamanca: VUW working on environmental impact
  5. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  6. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  7. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  8. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  9. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  10. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands

In NZ.

: When my mother gave me my name, it was a name she couldn’t pronounce. The harsh accents of the Arabic language eluded the Pākehā tongue. Growing up, I always felt more comfortable introducing myself as she knew me—Mah-dee or Ma-ha-dee—just about anything that made me feel