VUW Takes the Lead with Adoption of VoiceQ Software

Victoria will be the first university in Australasia to offer the innovative new VoiceQ software in its courses..

VoiceQ is a software used by the television, film, video, and gaming industries to efficiently synchronise voice with pictures when dubbing in post-production. Voice synchronisation, or voice translation, is where the new audio is recorded over the original audio track.

What puts VoiceQ above others is its versatility, making it suitable for the beginner as much as the expert.

VoiceQ offers to its users a reputable, easy-to-use, enhanced user interface; locked sync; scrolling visual dialogue; and real-time script editing with multi-language capability.

In 2019, VoiceQ will offer its leading industry software for VUW students from all disciplines.

The software is used globally, being offered in some of the most cutting-edge film education and audio industries across Europe as an investment in new technology, such as at the highly reputable The International Film & Television School Paris.

“It became very clear that we would save enormous amounts of time and costs while improving quality of voice acting”, said a spokesperson of the French audiobook company Novelcast.    

Nationally, VoiceQ has been used to dub the Cartoon Network series We Bare Bears from English to te reo Māori for Māori Language Week 2018. Disney film Moana was also dubbed in te reo using VoiceQ software.

VoiceQ’s intention for it to be a “pick-up” for the beginner is good news for VUW students about to start using the software this year.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos