29/05/08
by

It’s official, Salient is fucking awesome!

Word just came out that your favourite student magazine’s website (no… not Critic… Salient you fools!) was judged 18th best designed website!

According to the Speckyboy site, this fine site is in the same league as The Guardian, The BBC Vanity Fair, New York Times, The New Yorker, CNN, The Economist and better than The Washington Post!

Kudos to Catch, our web design homies. Three cheers to all youse out there who read this filth and a pat on the back for all the drug addicts and meth fiends who write for us. Oh and Red Bull for stocking us up and keeping us amped and on the good caffine buzz.

The editor of this fine rag for 2009.

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Superior Mind says:

And lets not forget all those taking time from their essays to write gibberish and self-promotion!

Eh? Eh?

2. Superior Mind says:

Just looking at that is pretty damn incredible. Humble Salient in there with the big boys.

Congratulations to the Web design guys are well deserved.

3. Alan McRobie says:

Judged 18th Best Magazine Style Website Design, not 18th Best Designed Website.

4. Page Maker says:

I guess they didn’t take typographical errors into account………………………..

5. Jackson Wood says:

Yeah… I got it the wrong way round… so shoot me. Still impressive.

6. To give myself up as a chronic Salient.org lurker, and giver of token “back in the day” perspective, this is not the first accolade the site received. Back in the ’06 when the new site launched, about fifty-percent of the traffic we were receiving for the first few months was from people being redirected from various design sights solely to marvel at the design, rather than the consistently awesome content. Hamish and Catch always did a really good job, and good to see that the sight has kept up well.

Also, as a humorous aside, there was a time when streams of people coming in to look at the design, and people referred to the website when googling pornography (sent through by Brannavan’s “Thank Heavens for Little Girls” article) were equal to or more than the unique hits we’d get.

Awesome. If you guys still can, it’s fun to play on the MINT statistics page.

Anyway. Enough from me.