16/07/07
by

“Death to Islamofascism!”

We can be thankful in the wake of the botched bombings in Britain by Islamofascist filth that the filth on this occasion was as incompetent as it is evil. But new Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s response to the abortive atrocities was no cause for gratitude. Gormless Gordon instructed his Cabinet and staff that they were not to use the word “Muslim” in the same breath as “terrorist.” (Nor were they to use the phrase “War on Terror” ever again.) Don’t identify the religion of the Jihadists in case you offend the more passive adherents of that religion. The spirit of Neville Chamberlain lives.

Chamberlain, dear reader, for the benefit of the legion of state-worshipping, state-lobotomised airheads among you, was the British Prime Minister who appeased Hitler. The comparison is apposite. The forebears of today’s Islamofascists, such as Sayyid Qutb, were fanatically anti-Jewish; some, like Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al Banna were enthusiastic admirers of Mussolini and Hitler. All were hysterically puritanical and saw America as the Great Satan, repository of all evil. Qutb condemned American women as follows:

The American girl is well acquainted with her body’s seductive capacity. She knows it lies in the face, and in expressive eyes, and thirsty lips. She knows seductiveness lies in the round breasts, the full buttocks, and in the shapely thighs, sleek legs — and she shows all this and does not hide it.

The black male fared no better:

Jazz is his preferred music, and it is created by Negroes to satisfy their love of noise and to whet their sexual desires …

Islamofascists in our time, of course, killed Dutch moviemaker Theo van Gogh, for making a film about Islam’s oppression of women. They destroyed the Twin Towers because they don’t like … well, anything American. As bin Laden put it, his disciples love death as much as Americans love life. Now we are told these squalid savages, these bigoted barbarians, these hysterical humanity-haters, these tawdry terrorists, these god-ridden grotesqueries, these ignoble ignoramuses, these genocidal jihadists, are not to be called Muslims because other Muslims—who remain mute while deeds of unspeakable foulness are perpetrated in their name—might get offended! Well, tough turds. As Salman Rushdie has observed, freedom of speech is nothing without the freedom to offend.

Here in New Zealand, a convert to Islam tried to put a favourable gloss on the Islamofascist riots in the wake of Rushdie’s knighthood. Abdullah Drury, writing in the Dominion Post, said coverage of these riots was a media beat-up and the rioters were not representative of Islam. Who else apart from the coalition that dominates Pakistan’s parliament and the rioters in thrall to it, he demanded, had expressed “similar resolve” on the Rushdie knighthood? An obliging reader promptly identified five other international Muslim groups that had done so. Unfortunately he left the most relevant one out. I quote from the DomPost, June 23:

New Zealand Muslims have added their voices to worldwide anger at the British Government’s decision to knight Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses. Federation of Islamic Association president Javed Khan said the organisation was saddened and extremely disappointed at the honour, saying Rushdie’s book was blasphemous and had “inflicted emotional pain” on Muslims.

Is it conceivable that Abdullah Drury, a former secretary of the Canterbury Muslim Association, didn’t know about this when he wrote his article? (This is the same Abdullah Drury, incidentally, who once established his Islamofascist credentials by denouncing the presence of Chris Carter, whom he called a “raging homosexual”, in an Auckland mosque.)

Unfortunately, Islam—stinking, stupid Islam—is the world’s fastest-growing superstition, and its adherents are becoming emboldened everywhere. In Christchurch Muslim women have demanded separate, publicly funded swimming facilities. A Hawkes Bay Muslim couple tried to claim damages for pork in a vegetarian pizza they had ordered. New Zealand media who published the Danish cartoons were intimidated into abjectly apologising for doing so. The Islamofascists are trying it on.

Certainly they haven’t yet plumbed the depths of demonstrators in London who exploited the freedom that living in the west affords them by brandishing placards shrieking “The hell with freedom,” “Behead those who insult Islam” and the like, but they will, soon enough. Their holy book, after all, enjoins them to “slay the infidel, wherever ye shall find him.”

Human beings worthy of the title must rise up worldwide and shout in irresistible unison: “Enough of this primordial primitivism! We who are civilised are revolted by it and shall rebuff it at every turn!” Muslims must discover rationality and decency; Westerners must rediscover them, and, as a matter of urgency, speak up for them!

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for cowards to appease it. Islamofascism is the locus of evil in the contemporary world. Places like Number Ten Downing Street are evidently the locus of cowardice in the contemporary world. Well, I will say what the likes of Gormless Gordon are too cowardly to say:

“Death to Islamofascism!”

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Susan says:

I listened to you on Radio Pacific this morning, and thoroughly enjoyed what you said. I agree with almost all that you say. I do hope, Lindsay, that you will be hosting this breakfast show for a long time to come. You are sorely needed in this land of ours.

The above article on Islamofascism should be a wake up call to many. I only hope that it is not too late. The latest Investigate has an interesting letter regarding the ingress of Saudis into New Zealand. We must be, as you say, the easiest of countries to enter in the world. Our previous country of residence was Singapore which, as you will know, is very fussy as to who can come and go in that island state.

Please keep on keeping on.

2. Good on you, Lindsay for describing islamic Fundamentalism for what it is. I’ve put a blog post about your article on my blog. I advise all readers of this to watch the video here http://www.terrorismawareness.org/islamic-mein-kampf/ and visiting this website http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ . If you are a liberal who thinks islam is a religion of peace then I suggest you visit the following websites to see just how wrong you are: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm and http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Games-Muslims-Play.htm . Although it is true that not all muslims are terrorists or al qaeda supporters there are a very significent minority who are, and the silence of many Muslims is partly to blame. Thats why I sak any muslim students who don’t support terrorism and are reading this to make a post on this comments thread explictly condming September 11, all suicide bombings, whatever the circumstances aimed ast murdering civilians, and condemn those who carry out such attacks as murderers. It will be interesting to see how many comments we get.

3. sak should say ask.

4. jonno says:

The exact same could be said about Christians… you know, the fundamentalist ones that bomb hospitals, kill homosexuals, and start wars. and the silence of many Christians is partly to blame… blah blah

The bible is full of terror…. oh yes, how much should I sell my daughter for as a slave, or how should I kill my neighbor when he works on the sabbath.

Any discourse would show that this argument could be applied to Christians

5. Joe Goebbels says:

Bang on Lindsay. Bush should drop a nuke on those stupid towlheads. How dare they come here and expect to be treated with respect. You’ve summed up what we need to do perfectly: “Death to all Islamofascists!”. Next time one of those hairy sand munchers gets up and complains about us offending their stupid god, we’ll beat him down and make him wish he never stowed away on the cargo liner for four weeks.

Some people say the terrorists are to Islam as the KKK are to Christianity. Well fuck them! The KKK were an awe inspiring, God fearing group who rid the world of the devils work. Since our government won’t protect us from bombhummad, we could do with the KKK here and now to save us. While we’re at it, maybe we could get rid of those annoying, dole bludging, Maoris as well.

Religious tolerance is for the weak!

6. jonno says:

come on Joe…me and you… tomorrow by the bike sheds

7. Jean-Michel says:

what the fuck is indsay Perigo doing writing for salient

8. Jonno, yes it is true that a similar piece could be written about christians. Yes there are plenty of bible quotes about killing people, but you can also find many quotes about non-violence. in the koran you can also find quotes about violence, and also quotes about non-violence. if you look at my comment above I did not mention any quotes from the Koran.
    One big difference between violent fundamentalist islam and violent fundamentalist christianity, is the scale of the problem. lets put some numbers into perspective.
    Number murders of, or attempted murders of abortionists, or people working at abortion clinics in the US and Canada from 1989-2204: 23 (source http://www.religoustolerance.org/abo_viol.html ).
    Number of people murdered by Islamic fundamentalist terrorists last week (July 7- July 13) 623 (source http://www.thereligionofpeace.com), thats 600 more in one week than anti-abortionists over 15 years.
    Islamic fundamentalists kill more people every year than the total number of deaths from the Spanish inquisition (source: http://www.crisismagazine.com/october2003/madden.htm).
    More civilians were killed by Islamic fundamentalists in two hours on September 11 2001, than civilians killed in sectarian violence in Northern Ireland between 1969 and 1995 (source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com)
    Put those nubers into perspective.

9. jonno says:

600? now does that figure include all the people that are killed in Iraq? I really hope it does not. If we include the killings in Iraq, then lets include all the killings that have happened under GW Bush (he talks to GOD). I am sure the two will now compare. To use a website that purposely tries to show Islam as a religion of hate does little for your argument. Fundamentalism is wrong, not matter what religion.

10. Kane says:

Perspective? How about how many civilians – woman and children included – that have been killed by the Americans in Iraq? There have been a shit load more killed than by all terrorist activities worldwide.

And how about how many Palastinians that Israeli soldiers kill every year? How about how many people Timothy McVeigh killed in Oklahoma? How about how many African children that die from malnutrition because the Pope says condoms are forbidden? How about how many children that have been sexually abused by Catholic priests?

Are you going to ask for a pledge of innocence and denouncement from all Americans, Israelis, inbred hicks, and Catholics?

Wake up O’Kane, Perigo knows he’s full of shit – he’s just stirring things up a little, but you’re really embarrassing yourself this time.

11. adam says:

Hi Perigo. How about climbing down from your high horse for a minute and reading some history about Islam and the HUGE contrbutions it made to Western science, chemistry, geometry etc. before you denouce it as mere superstition.

12. jonno says:

Why is that comment by Joe Goebbels still up there Steve? Do you support it or what? Or is it written by a mate of yours?

13. I believe the figure includes people killed by Islamic terrorists in Iraq, as these are listed in the “latest offerings of the religion of peace” feature, and the list of Islamic terrorist attacks in the last three months. They only include deaths from Islamic terrorists in Iraq on civilians, not civilians killed by US soldiers. Although the US may be held partially responsible for these deaths, because the invasion created the conditions allowing them to happen, primary responsibility must lie with the terrorists. I believe their inclusion is justified.
    The US invaded of Iraq occured primarilly because of fears of Iraq devloping Weapons of Mass destructuction (although it was latter discovered that much of the intellegence about WMD was wrong) and a desire to liberate the iraqi people from the evil dictator Saddamn Hussein. Not because of a desire to carry out a holy war to kilol (sept 11 happened before, not after the US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, and after US action to help Muslims in Kosovo and Bosnia), but rather to kill ordinary “infidels” like you and me. The civilian deaths in Iraq by American soldiers are an accidental by-product of the invasion, not its primary purpose. In contrast civilian deaths caused by Islamic terrorists on September 11, and in many other terrorist attacks since then, the killing of innocent civilians was the primary purpose of the attack. I will respond more latter.

14. Jean-Michel says:

No, seriously, why is Lindsay Perigo writing for Salient?

15. adam says:

Jean-Michel, I doubt most mainstream publications would print his work. They normally require critical analysis, something of substance rather than the tired old neocon rhetoric and invectives he spouts (although he does so eloquently). Hence why he ends up hosting talk back rather than quality current affairs shows. Although I am sure he believes this is due to some leftie conspiracy rather than that he just lacks the necessary requirements. I’m sure FOX would love him though.

16. jonno says:

Steve, I still see that post is up there, so you do agree with it eh?

17. Jean-Michel says:

Unless I’m very much mistaken, he’s not a student at Vic, so why the hell is he been given space to write in a magazine which I thought was written and maintained by students (or at least recent alumnus) for students?

We’ve got an insane executive council making a mockery of student politics which receives a decent but marginal amount of coverage, but we’ve still got room for Lindsay fucking Perigo.

Someone should probably just introduce him to Livejournal.com or something.

18. What are ya… Gay?

19. Jean-Michel says:

“Bernie Galaxy”

20. I can see you... says:

@Joe Goebbels, or should I call you Dave? Dave Hall? Or how about Cfuck? Or is that Soon-to-be-VSM-advocate? Or how about Eye on Salient from Magneto? So many names…

My my, since your comments are so eloquent and strongly worded, surely you wouldn’t hide behind a pseudonym would you…?

Or is it just that you have no where else to spend your down time between internet masturbation sessions?

@Jonno. Why get so upset at Steve about Joe’s post? You’re the one asking Joe to go out by the bike sheds with you. Is that to join Joe for some dual masty sessions…?

21. Jonno says:

Cos I am sick of the Maori bashing.. Steve hasn’t removed it, but he removes posts that make fun of him

22. adam says:

Re: Joe Goebbels; am I the only one who took that as sarcasm taking the piss out of Perigo?

23. I can see you too... says:

Wow, so you can read IP adresses. I’m impressed. One little tip though – most institutions use the same IP address for all their computers so you can’t be sure it’s all one person. For example: when Peter says something at the same IP address as Steve, you don’t know for sure it’s him, cause it could be anyone at VUWSA.

24. Kane says:

Hey, where did all the comments go? Is everyone too afraid to comment now they know Big Brother is watching? Or is it all just getting censored?

25. Evee says:

‘Or is it just that you have no where else to spend your down time between internet masturbation sessions?’

Isn’t that defamatory?

26. Chris McConnell says:

Words cannot describe how I felt after reviewing this article. The only time I have really encountered such hate literature and ignorance was while reading through propaganda published in Germany during the ’30s. I would like to know why someone, who is not a student at Victoria University, is allowed to offend so many people at our University. Likewise, these students, who typically pay international fees, bless the University with diversity, interesting dialogue and who work extremely hard should never have to encounter such hate – particularly in New Zealand. We are so lucky to have students from other states and various cultures and should never allow the editor of Salient to publish something so hateful! Freedom of speech does come with limits. Perhaps Lindsay Perigo should learn a bit more about culture, law and politics before he writes about a topic he knows nothing about!

Letters are being written to several individuals at the University and with any luck the editor will put additional thought in publishing such articles claiming to be ‘politically incorrect’ when in fact they are simply hateful!

27. Chris McConnell says:

Words cannot describe how I felt after reviewing this article. The only time I have really encountered such hate literature and ignorance was while reading through propaganda published in Germany during the ’30s while studying History in a Canadian University. I would like to know why someone, who is not a student at Victoria University, is allowed to offend so many people at our University. Likewise, these students, who typically pay international fees, bless the University with diversity, interesting dialogue and who work extremely hard should never have to encounter such hate – particularly in New Zealand. We are so lucky to have students from other states and various cultures and should never allow the editor of Salient to publish something so hateful! Freedom of speech does come with limits. Perhaps Lindsay Perigo should learn a bit more about culture, law and politics before he writes about a topic he knows nothing about!

28. Chris Robertson says:

The murky trail of comment following Mr Perigo’s published article is saddening to an alumni of VUW, as indeed, I am. I cannot imagine a more graphic lack of objectivity emanating from a class of chimpanzees. Moreover, the standard of grammar, spelling and syntax is an apt witness to your collective stupidity. Apply reason if you are able!

29. Imran says:

Why dont we all forget hattered and work for peace?
    We can be friends forever, Terrorism is a crime if its in USA,Ireland or Iraq. This life is so short lets enjoy it with peace and harmony. Once we are friends there will be no war. No muslim no christioan no jew all friends. Lets get out of the world of dirty politics and start the game of love. Lets start it forgive each other and take a new start.
    The war evil, its destroy lives,its kill children its divide families. Its enemy. Those who are from war background country know it much better what the war is and they knows how lucky newzealanders are. Lets not start this war here, Please Please
    New ZEALAND IS PARADISE LETS MAKE THIS PARADISE MORE BEAUTIFUL.

Lets live with peace

30. Tony says:

Mr. Perigo’s follows the view of his objectivists leaders. They have fallen for an ancient jewish to trick to blame nations they don’t like and make them appear evil.
    In recent history they done this with Germany by for instance blaming them for WW1 and a “holocause” which is questionable.
    Now the blame the entire moslem world for 9/11 (which is also very questionable) and acts done by some moslem fanatics. What about those zionst fanatics and the aggression of zionist Israel in general!!

By the way I am not a moslem.

31. Scissors says:

By the way I am not a moslem.

- No, you’re clearly a Nazi.

32. Tony says:

By the way I am not a moslem.

- No, you’re clearly a Nazi.
    ******************************************************************

And you are an arsehole

33. Mario Lanza says:

Get bent Perigo

34. sharifah says:

this is so sad. i came to new zealand to study and to enjoy the beauty of its nature and hospitality of its people. three years, and this is what i read in salient, an university magazine that should represent the students as a united community not to put them into classes because the differences of their religions. and you actually ask us to vote for the university election ? for what ? to see more and more articles like this ?

=(