02/06/09
by

Yes cat, you can has party

A concert to raise money for the Rankine Brown library’s number one resident’s vet bills takes place on Thursday night.

Sandy Rankine, the library’s ginger cat, suffers diabetes and recently had an operation, creating vet bills totalling in the thousands. The CatFest concert, run by VUWSA and library staff, aims to take care of the 15-year-old-ish (around 70 in cat years) cat.

The university also plans to hold a staff raffle, with proceeds going toward Sandy’s bills.

NZPA reported University librarian Sue Roberts said “Many of our alumni will have fond memories of the library cat and I’m sure they would be happy to know that the cat is being well looked after.”

The concert, featuring Kitten Et Me, Gnu, DJ Duckling and Tom Martin, with special guests, takes place from 5pm at on Thursday 4 June at Mount Street Bar.

And now a translation for teh kittehs:

U can haz kat prrrty!!

A CONCERT 2 RAIZE MONEY 4 DA RANKINE BROWN LIBRARYS NUMBR WAN RESIDENTS VET BILLS TAKEZ PLACE ON THURSDAI NITE.

SANDY RANKINE, TEH LIBRARYS GINGR KAT, SUFFERS DIABETEZ AN RESiNTLY HAD A OPERASHUN, CREAT­IN VET BILLS TOTALLIN IN DA THOUSANDZ. TEH KATFEST CONCERT, RUN BY VUWSA AN LIBRARY STAFF, AIMS 2 TAEK CARE OV TEH 15-YER-OLD-ISH (AROUND 70 IN KAT YEERS) KAT.

TEH UNIVERSITY ALSO PLANZ 2 HOLD STAFF RAFFLE, WIF PROCEEDZ GOIN TOWARD SANDYS BILLS.
NZPA REPORTD UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN SUE ROBERTS SED “LOTZ DA OV R ALUMNI WILL HAS FOND MEMORIEZ OV TEH LIBRARY KAT AN IM SURE THEY WUD BE HAPPEH 2 KNOE DAT TEH KAT IZ BEAN WELL LOOKD AFTR.”

TEH CONCERT, FEATURIN KITTEH ET ME, GNU, DJ DUCKLIN AN TOM MARTIN, WIF SPESHUL GUESTS, TAKEZ PLACE FRUM 5PM AT ON THURSDAI 4 JUNE AT MOUNT STREET BAR.