VUWSA on budget for ’07: Who’da thunk it?

VUWSA is on budget so far this year, according to a soon-to-be-released Annual Report.

Treasurer Alexander Neilson says the Association’s budget-keeping is “very pleasing” and “a good reflection on the executive that VUWSA has this year that we’ve managed to set a budget in 2006 and stick to it over the first three months of 2007.”

Neilson anticipates that VUWSA will “stick to budget really well” for the remainder of the year, unlike last year where the Association found itself in a pretty pickle with a $100,000 deficit.

“We’ve got a team that understands that VUWSA can’t afford to fall into a deficit and understands that we’ve got to make tough decisions sometimes to ensure that this Association survives.”

With her take-no-prisoners, kick-ass attitude, former News Editor Laura McQuillan adequately makes up for her lack of stature. Roaming the corridors (and underground tunnels) of the University by day, and hunting vampires and Nazi war criminals by night, McQuillan will stop at nothing to bring you the freshest news.