Tick in the box for Victoria MBA Programme

Victoria’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme has become internationally recognised following its recent accreditation by the London based Association of MBAs (AMBA).

The accreditation comes following work undertaken by staff at the Victoria Management School over the past four years to meet AMBA standards. Changes to the MBA programme were necessary to meet the strict criteria posed by AMBA, including alterations to the programme. Two previously elective courses were made into core requirements.

The director of Victoria MBA’s programme, Dr Arun Elias, said that this work has improved the programme.

“Through the process of becoming accredited, I believe we now have a better programme for our students, and we will continue to strive to enhance it.”

Vice-Chancellor Professor Pat Walsh says the accreditation places Victoria among the top tier of MBA programmes in the world.

“The AMBA accreditation assures the quality of teaching, theory and practice offered in our MBA programme to a verified international standard.”

Although many tertiary institutions offer an MBA programme, there are comparatively few with AMBA accreditation. At present, 152 MBA programmes are accredited by AMBA worldwide, including the programme at Oxford University.

Auckland, Waikato and Canterbury Universities offer the only other AMBA accredited MBA programmes in New Zealand.

Dr Elias said graduates of AMBA accredited MBA programmes are highly sought after by businesses in all fields when appointing senior management and CEOs.

He advised undergraduate students seeking to be selected for senior management to consider an MBA later in their career.

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat