August 7, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Young Labour Operative Identified!

John Key in his paralytic paranoid state, has lashed out again at the ‘dirty tricks’ campaign he is accusing the Labour Party of running. Apparently someone has been going through his rubbish near his electorate office. Salient has received an exclusive photograph of the culprit. It follows after the break.

Here the dastardly fiend is.

labour-dog1.jpg

Seriously… could the National Party’s obvious deflection of the leak at their conference be any worse handled? The public arent buying these conspiracy theories anymore. If they ever did at all. Perhaps its time for the Nats to fess up, and face the music.

Conrad is a very grumpy boy. When he was little he had a curl in the middle of his forehead. When he was good, he was moderately good, but when he was mean he was HORRID. He likes guns, bombs and shooting doves. He can often be found reading books about Mussolini and tank warfare. His greatest dream is to invent an eighteen foot high mechanical spider, which has an antimatter lazer attached to its back.

1. Tadpole says:

I agree that the Nats have not handled this well. I’m a Labour supporter. But to be honest, the writing has been on the wall for them.

Conrad, I like your writing. However, if you can’t see that secretly recording Nat MPs and “leaking” these recordings to the media isn’t a desperate attempt (by “someone”) to turn the polls around, then you must be more naive than I thought.

What on earth do you mean by: “Perhaps its time for the Nats to fess up, and face the music.” Perhaps it’s time for “this person” or “these people” to fess up and face the music about why they feel the need to secretly record MPs over casual conversations…?

I did have a thought about all this though. Given how openly and publicly inept the VUWSA Executive members are, I wonder if secretly recording their conversations would reveal anything new…? Probably not. :-)

Here is a question for you…

If the secret recordings were of Helen and her MP buds instead, and Helen then reacted in the same manner as John Key, would you write a similar post about Labour’s desperate conspiracy theories…?

2. Gibbon says:

But Tadpole, it’s been pretty clear to a lot of people that National has a secret agenda. Now these thoughts have been revealed as being TRUE.

Instead of crying foul, National SHOULD have addressed the concerns raised by the tape. But they can’t. The evidence is damning.

3. Tadpole says:

Yeah look, I agree with you totally. The Nats without doubt have secret agendas.

But think about it, it’s a friggen election!! Are we all this naive to think that our glorious politicians AREN’T going to have secret agendas…? Of COURSE Labour have secret agendas, along with National and all the rest…

John Key’s reaction to the tapes is predictable. And I’d happily bet Kiwibank on it that Labour would’ve reacted exactly the same if someone “revealed” one of their secret agendas.

4. Laura McQuillan says:

I’d like to take credit for taping the conversations. I am the brains and the brawn behind this operation. Now put me on TV.

5. Stephen J. Llama says:

No, I am the Young Labour operative!

6. miked says:

No I am

7. Michael Oliver says:

I once saw a dog that looks slightly like the one pictured. Now where’s my fucking $10,000 Sunday News interview?

8. Laura McQuillan says:

Fuck you guys, you steal all my thunder.

9. Michael Oliver says:

The dog’s name was also called Thunder and he had sex with a member of the English rugby team.

$20,000 – cough it the fu-diddly-ck up, journonerds.

10. “If the secret recordings were of Helen and her MP buds instead, and Helen then reacted in the same manner as John Key, would you write a similar post about Labour’s desperate conspiracy theories…?”

Yes I would. But im not so naive as to think Helen and her cronies would have handled it in the same way. Look at the Mike Williams scandal for example.

“Perhaps it’s time for “this person” or “these people” to fess up and face the music about why they feel the need to secretly record MPs over casual conversations…?”

Well, I dunno – at a guess, it would probably be that they have a genuine concern for open, transparent and honest political discourse in an election year. Got any good reasons why thats not an important thing to strive for?

11. The major issue facing the electorate this year is law and order. More specifically, the number of doggie yoof gangs who have tagged their faeces all over respectable areas like Helensville. To deal with this scourge, the Smashional Party would like to announce a “three shits” rule – after an offender has been apprehended shitting on a politician’s lawn three times they will be put down. Rifling through rubbish shall be punishable by neutering, and gangs of more than two dogs will be barred from meeting. This is all.

12. JJoel says:

I am spartacus!

13. Smashional, will these new laws be included in the Electoral Fido Act?

14. Keir says:

Laura McQuillin for President!!!

15. cvalda says:

But think about it, it’s a friggen election!! Are we all this naive to think that our glorious politicians AREN’T going to have secret agendas…

Well, prior to getting elected in ’99, Labour released a comprehensive alternative budget two elections in a row. It only hurts to release policy if people won’t like your policies.

And regardless of partisanship, surely a bit of investigation is a good thing? If the press is purely reactive, we just get more spin.

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat