August 3, 2009 | by  | in Arts Theatre |

Vienna! Verona! Shakespeare! An Interview!

vienna-verona

Salient Arts Co-Editor Uther Dean sat down for a wee chat with some of the cast and crew of Three Spoon Theatre’s latest project Vienna Verona, a double bill of Measure for Measure and Romeo and Juliet. You can hear all twenty-ish minute of it by getting all clicky with the link below.

Salient Interviews Three Spoon Theatre About Vienna Verona (MP3).

The Interviewees were Alex Lodge (director of Measure for Measure), Hannah Smith (Assistant director and stage manager of Romeo and Juliet), Jonny Potts (Friar Lawrence in Romeo and Juliet) and Jim Davenport (the Duke in Measure for Measure and scenography lectururer at the VUW theatre department). We were joined halfway through by Ralph McCubbin Howell (director of Romeo and Juliet).

Vienna Verona is at BATS theatre and runs from the 5th to 15th of August (no shows Sunday/Monday). Measure for Measure is at 7pm followed by Romeo and Juliet at 9pm. The tickets are $16/$13 for one show or $25 for both. Book at book@bats.co.nz.

If you’re not so much an audio kinda person you can feast your eyes on these trailers on YouTube. Measure for Measure is here. Romeo and Juliet is here.

Uther was one of the two arts editors in 2009. He was the horoscopier and theatre writer in 2010. Alongside Elle Hunt, Uther was coeditor in 2011.