VUWSA apologises for email blunder

New VUWSA Education Advocacy Organiser Louise Wallace has formally apologised to Class Representatives after inadvertently publishing their email addresses in a newsletter last week.

The mistake occurred when Wallace unintentionally included the addresses of 70 of VUWSA’s Class Representatives in the CC field instead of the private BCC field.
Wallace attributed the mistake to a bout of technological illiteracy.

“I thought that by setting up a distribution list with a group title it would only publish the group title, rather than everyone’s personal email addresses, which was obviously a major error on my part,” she said.

Trouble ensued when President of ACT on Campus Peter McCaffrey caught wind of the mistake and took time to email the recipients with his thoughts on Stop Lecture Meetings.
“Stand up and say: ‘As class rep, I’m meant to represent the interests of this class. Therefore, in the interests of this class, please leave us alone so we can get some work done.’” McCaffrey wrote.

In response, Wallace advised Class Reps to block all “unwanted email,” and encouraged them to take stock in the fact the situation was now being monitored.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. CJH says:

Why do VUWSA idiots want to waste our precious lecture time with thise nonsense? We pay enough for our education and on top of that are forced to pay for VUWSA. It doesn’t seem very fair at all.