In the Week that Was… Usual lack of interest in VUWSA election leads to Salient Editor dominating online poll.

It’s been a week since candidates for this year’s VUWSA General Election stepped out of the shadows and bid Victoria University hello, but an online poll has suggested voter interest lies at the feet of an unlikely contender.

Editor of Salient Jackson James Wood, who successfully mounted a campaign for the vacant Mt Albert seat earlier this year netting nine votes, currently leads the three candidates for VUWSA President on a Salient poll by a ridiculous margin.

Of the 50 votes registered, 38 voted for Wood. “Bahaha voting” was second on 5 votes, and current VUWSA Vice-President (Administration) Max Hardy ringing in 4 votes in third.
Wood said he was happy with the result, perhaps too happy.

“It’s an honour that a man with no political ambition within VUWSA to poll higher than serious candidates,” he said.

“I have deep faith in the electorate to come through and somehow hack the online voting and put my name on there.”

Even if this doesn’t come to be, Wood said he had a plan B up his sleeve.

“I’ll take every vote for No Confidence as a vote for me… every vote… tallied up… and added for me…smirk.”

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future